Each Aston-Patterning session is unique to the individual and to the issue being addressed in the session, but you can expect the following at every session:
- Assessment and updating of history
- Alignment assessment both in standing and moving positions
- Palpation Assessment of full body to determine current holding patterns
- Conclusion of issue based on assessments
- Three-Dimensional bodywork to release most pressing holding pattern
- Movement to integrate changes that occurred during session
- Follow up for next time or instructions on what to work on at home; such as arcing, strengthening, stretching and other techniques.
It is best to wear loose fitting gym attire due to possibility of getting up and moving during each session, and allows me to easily assess and work on your body.