Aston® Kinetics 101 :
For movement and bodywork professionals to facilitate your client’s improvement and support your own!
Aston® Postural Assessment 101 – Seeing Body Patterns with Insight
with Michelle Wald PT, LMT, MTI
Shirley Lynch OT, MS, OTR, LCMT,
Lissa Hammitt LMT, MTI, ATC
The focus of this APA101 course will be on viewing body patterns in the standing position. As well as…
- Discovering Aston visual assessment skills to see body patterns and to develop a clear understanding about the relationship between the alignment and the cause of the symptoms people feel in their body.
- Develop a language to easily explain to the client why their pattern creates pain or limitations and how they can enroll in their healing process.
- Learn about different visual alignment tracks that identify and assess the client’s unique body pattern, such as Tilts, placement and dimension.
- Discover how to use these visual assessment skills in your practice to determine where to begin a session in order to maximize the time and effort for bodywork or movement techniques.
- Learn HOW Judith Aston has changed the placement and the angle of the “traditional plumb line”, WHAT she secrets she discovered, and WHY this optimizes the alignment of body segments in relation to gravity. This new alignment decreases the body’s tension and optimizes overall body tone for greater comfort, movement, and performance in life.
- The Aston® Assessment Applications are a useful addition for honing your assessment skills in any other modality in your practice.
This dynamic Aston® Mechanics 201 course builds on the visual assessment skills learned in Aston Kinetics 101(which is also a prerequisite for 201) and expands on the Aston® teaching methods to improve client participation, understanding, coordination and sequencing for Aston® Arcing applied to functional movements. The next course will be taught by Judith Aston herself -so don’t miss it!
- Learn Aston® Arcing movements in sitting and standing that enable the participants to find their own unique body alignment that is both effortless and stable.
- Discover Aston® teaching methods for instructing the Aston® movement forms to your clients as a way to improve their posture, self care, reducing pain, gaining mobility and strength for daily activities.
- Explore the functional tasks of sitting, standing, reaching, and bending using Aston-Mechanics®
- Be introduced to Judith Aston’s brilliant ergonomic designs to support the Balanced Body in Motion.
- The Aston Paradigm will teach you the Where, why, when, and how to accomplish your professional goals.
Aston® Kinetics is approved by NCBTMB-Provider No. 022220-00 as a Continuing Education Provider under Category A.
This course is 12CE hours.
To Register: www.astonkinetics.com/schedule
The Aston Kinetics-Community Class 3-Hour Self -Care Sampler
Want to get a taste of how we do things? Join us for our community class for everyone!
Class covers the following:
- Learn how physical effort can be recycled into work/rest cycles.
- Optimize daily actions with easy-to-use ideas that you can apply to bending, reaching, lifting, etc.
- Experience new and effective ways of toning and lifting the abdomen and pelvic floor.
- Experience an application of the Aston concept applied to a yoga or Pilates design.
- Discover the scope of the Aston Kinetics system.
- Once women have children or as people age, they begin to feel congestion, heaviness, pressure in the lower abdomen and pelvic floor. We will be doing movement work to increase your overall body length, decompress the lower abdomen and lift the pelvic floor.
- This class is intended for both men and women of any age. We will discuss general stresses of daily action, habitual ways of moving or not moving, strains from doing exercise, aging too quickly, losing our once good posture, tone and flexibility.
- Also covered in this jam-packed three hour class, we will discuss the Aston Theories of how to counteract the pull of gravity by doing specific movement designs for the body and face.
If you have a group that you want me to come and Speak to for a Free Aston® Kinetics Intro to please contact me at 512-633-7471
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Stay Up to Date on Aston Training In Austin.
Should you have any questions or want to discuss about the APA 101 class, please use the form below to schedule a conversation: