Aston® Kinetics 101 :
For movement and bodywork professionals to facilitate your client’s improvement and support your own!
Aston® Postural Assessment 101 – Seeing Body Patterns with Insight
Aston® Postural Assessment is an introduction to the Aston® paradigm through seeing the three-dimensionality of the body.
Accurately seeing the patterns in a client’s posture and movement is essential to identifying why body symptoms occur and recur in the structure. The development of observational skills and recognition of body patterns puts in place a foundation for grasping the problem-solving skills that are inherent to the highly effective Aston approach to movement training and the treatment of injury and pain in the human structure.
This skill is essential for reaching possible precursors of issues and effectively addressing them. Aston® Postural Assessment teaches a system which helps clearly identify body patterns and uses movement labs to learn to sense movement in one’s own body and in others. Learn Aston® Arcing, a technique for aligning the body in sitting and a fundamental sequence in positioning the body structure for application to all types of daily movement. Also, learn the difference between structural and functional holding patterns, begin to think in terms of the body’s three-dimensional spaciousness, and initiate an understanding of the comprehensive Aston® Paradigm.
This dynamic course builds on information learned in Aston® Postural Assessment: APA 101, focusing on seeing, experiencing and coaching movement in conjunction with understanding alignment.
The skills taught for seeing alignment are carried into the assessment of the body in motion. Learn movement designs, which can be tailored to your client’s specific needs so they can learn to release habitual tension patterns and explore new possibilities for alignment. Understand the application of ergonomic supports for more ease and comfort. The knowledge of basic movement functions enhances all aspects of complex human function. This class begins applying the Aston-Mechanics® principles of alignment and movement to sitting, standing, bending, reaching and walking.
Aston-Mechanics®: AM 201 is open to all health professionals who have completed Aston® Postural Assessment: APA 101 and are qualified to teach movement/exercise education according to their state’s laws.
To Register: www.astonkinetics.com/schedule
Aston® Spiraling Technique and Fascial Integration: FI 301
An introduction to Aston Body Assessment – how specific posture, injuries, muscle tone and movement patterns influence one’s current postural pattern
The theory and techniques of the Aston Spiraling Massage
Aston-Mechanics® (body usage) to help feel and release fascial layers as well as reduce stress on your body
The Spiraling Technique is a painless, hands-on approach that respects and matches the layer, shape and grain of soft tissue. It teaches the practitioner to work with ease, from the surface layers through the deeper layers to include the skeletal structures. This is what makes this technique a fascial integration form.
This bodywork form can connect fascial layers to integrate specific change with adjacent segments and the whole body. It can enhance the effectiveness of all manual therapies while decreasing the amount of stress and effort on the practitioner.
To Register: www.astonkinetics.com/schedule
The Aston Kinetics-Community Class 3-Hour Self -Care Sampler
Want to get a taste of how we do things? Join us for our community class for everyone!
Class covers the following:
- Learn how physical effort can be recycled into work/rest cycles.
- Optimize daily actions with easy-to-use ideas that you can apply to bending, reaching, lifting, etc.
- Experience new and effective ways of toning and lifting the abdomen and pelvic floor.
- Experience an application of the Aston concept applied to a yoga or Pilates design.
- Discover the scope of the Aston Kinetics system.
- Once women have children or as people age, they begin to feel congestion, heaviness, pressure in the lower abdomen and pelvic floor. We will be doing movement work to increase your overall body length, decompress the lower abdomen and lift the pelvic floor.
- This class is intended for both men and women of any age. We will discuss general stresses of daily action, habitual ways of moving or not moving, strains from doing exercise, aging too quickly, losing our once good posture, tone and flexibility.
- Also covered in this jam-packed three hour class, we will discuss the Aston Theories of how to counteract the pull of gravity by doing specific movement designs for the body and face.
If you have a group that you want me to come and Speak to for a Free Aston® Kinetics Intro to please contact me at 512-633-7471
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Stay Up to Date on Aston Training In Austin.
Should you have any questions or want to discuss about the APA 101 class, please use the form below to schedule a conversation: