Aston-Patterning® is a whole-body approach to health and healing. We seek to uncover the answers to your greatest body balance and well-being by looking at your unique structure, needs and body motion.
Aston-patterning® is a revolutionary new way to look at the body. It provides a wholistic approach to addressing body pains, misalignment and chronic conditions. It is a certified path of bodywork developed by Judith Aston. Her techniques and products are a transformational system of bodywork, movement and fitness known as Aston-Kinetics®
Aston Kinetics® is a complete system which uses a range of techniques to assist clients in revealing their true selves through their bodies and aids them in releasing their pain, injury and the negative effects of their life experiences. Clients learn to appreciate the beauty of their individuality through understanding that their body and alignment is unique to them. The result of these techniques is each client functioning at their highest potential! Just imagine the possibilities….more
Aston-Patterning® unwinds your “holding patterns” and adjusts your body to improve alignment, functionality and range of motion. Holding patterns are the compensations the body makes in response to injuries, surgeries, accumulated stress, physical or emotional trauma and the effects of gravity. Reducing these holding patterns creates a higher degree of balance and efficiency in the body, which reduces chronic pain and discomfort. These holding patterns are addressed through the following methods:
Aston techniques use a specific form of structural bodywork to address layers of tissue in the body that contain deeply embedded structural holding patterns. This bodywork will release the patterns without causing discomfort or pain to the client.
Once the structural changes are made, the movement education helps to support and integrate those changes by giving the client tools to utilize in their daily life. Michelle will provide exercises, toning techniques and illustrations to help the client maintain the transformation that was created during the session.
This aspect of Aston-Patterning® examines the environmental factors that may be contributing to the negative patterns and misalignment in the body. These may range from seating conditions to shoes. Michelle will help each client address the specific needs of their body and make changes to their environment in order to sustain the structural changes made through the bodywork and movement education.
Each Aston-Patterning session is unique to the individual and to the issue being addressed in the session, but you can expect the following at every session:
- Assessment and updating of history
- Alignment assessment both in standing and moving positions
- Palpation Assessment of full body to determine current holding patterns
- Conclusion of issue based on assessments
- Three-Dimensional bodywork to release most pressing holding pattern
- Movement to integrate changes that occurred during session
- Follow up for next time or instructions on what to work on at home; such as arcing, strengthening, stretching and other techniques.
It is best to wear loose fitting gym attire due to possibility of getting up and moving during each session, and allows me to easily assess and work on your body.
You may experience in a session or through a combination of sessions:
- Decreased pain in spine and other joints
- More freedom of movement, ease of motion and range of motion
- Decrease in scar tissue adhesions
- Improved posture
- More self-awareness, confidence and well-being
- Neutralization and preparation of tissues for the effects of surgery
- Discovery of patterns that may be keeping you from living life to the fullest
- Improved balance through improved structural alignment
- Improved strength due to freeing up the fascial restrictions which may prevent full muscle activation
- A greater ability to age gracefully
- Improved athletic performance
- Injury prevention
- Improved Facial tone