Aston® Kinetics 101 & 102
Instructed by Mark Barber AK101 and Judith Aston AK102
Assisted by Michelle Wald PT, LMT
Aston® Kinetics 101–Seeing with Insight (formally Aston Techniques I) Adv Professional Trainings for LMT, PT, OT, Personal Trainers, Yoga and Pilates Instructors
The Where, Why, When, How and How Much?
- Do you want to be able to identify the best place to begin a session or your workout?
- Do you want to understand why your client’s symptoms occur and re-occur?
- Do you want to be more efficient with your session time and decrease your manual effort?
The Aston Paradigm will teach you how to think; The where, why, when, how, and how much, to do in a session. Learn valuable Aston assessment skills that are taught in AK101 to help you begin to~
- See your client’s unique body alignment and posture in 3-D.
- Develop a clear hypothesis about the relationship between the client’s alignment and their pain.
- Determine the structural cause of their symptoms which allows you to sequence your sessions so you can work smarter not harder.
This class will help you develop a language to easily explain to your client why their pattern is creating pain or limitation. These visual assessment skills help you know where to begin and how to sequence a session to maximize your bodywork or movement techniques. The end results will ultimately improve your clients posture and help resolve their symptoms faster. These specific skills will improve your expertise and problem solving skills no matter what your modality.
AK101 introduces the Aston Paradigm with the primary focus on viewing your clients’ body pattern in the standing position. We will teach you 7 different ways to identify unique variations in alignment. Judith Aston uses functional alignment as a baseline in contrast to the traditional anatomical plumb line to assist in facilitating more natural movement and alignment. This functional alignment improves how the body segments are aligned in relation to gravity. This position creates optimal structural support to facilitate the natural recycling of forces for greater comfort, movement, and performance.
Aston® Kinetics 102- Wisdom in Motion (formally Aston Techniques II)
This dynamic course builds on the seeing skills learned in ATI and adds additional assessment skills to the body in motion.
- See how the forces move through your clients’ body and create tension patterns.
- Learn the fundamental movement of Aston Arcing, to find your unique posture.
- Learn to Teach your clients to have good posture that is both effortless and stable.
- Learn how facilitate this movement so your clients are able to reduce their pain and gain strength for daily activities.
- Apply the principles of Aston-Mechanics® for the functional tasks of sitting, standing, reaching, bending and gait using .
- Be introduced to Judith Aston’s ergonomic designs to support the Balanced Body in Motion.
AK 101 Sept 5-6 9:00 – 5:30 $495/$575
AK 102 Sept 7-9 9:00 – 5:30 $495/$575
Location: AOMA -4701 Westgate Blvd, Austin TX 78745
Class Fee: $495 Each class paid Early after $575 thereafter each
***AK101 and A102 are a Pre-requisite for Aston® Fitness, Aston® for Pilates and Aston® for Yoga (You really would want to take these classes! Adv Aston® Fitness loosening and Toning will also be in Austin)
Aston-Patterning is approved by NCBTMB-Provider No. 022220-00 as a Continuing Education provider under Category A.
This course is 34 CE hours with both AK101-102 classes attended.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Call the Aston Kinetics office at 775-831-8228 To REGISTER or go to www.AstonKinetics.com/Schedule for more options~Reno NV, Albuquerque, NM and Maui, HI!
Please FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW If you are interested in Austin classes so I can keep you posted on the details.
Questions about Registration or the Class? Contact Michelle Wald at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking forward to having you in class.
Michelle Wald PT, LMT
Aston Patterning practitioner and Class Assistant.
CANCELLATION POLICY: A $100 processing fee will be assessed if you must cancel 6-weeks in advance
of the start date and you will be refunded the difference. If you must cancel less than 14 days prior to the start date,
NO REFUND will be available, however, you may send someone else who is eligible to take the course in your place.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN WRITING IN OUR OFFICE NO LATER THAN THE DEADLINE